*Veggie Pun Intended
Let’s be honest 2016 was a great year for the world of music. Everyone seemed to have something to say from Solange Knowles to Kaytranada (more on the top albums from 2016 here). Although we are already over halfway through 2017, I’m still stuck in the past. Recently I have been binge listening to Banks most recent album The Altar. Although it came out in 2016, the album is hitting off as a sister road trip playlist “must have.” The album wasn’t as well received in the music realm as it has been in my 2010 Honda CRV, but here are 5 reasons why I am loving it:
- The vocal range is ideal for sing alongs. Note: I have similar feelings with Adele which says something about my octave range…
- The songs are upbeat and very “blast-able”
- The lyrics are edgy making me feel exponentially more edgy while listening (I fantasize about being any “edgy” person, but am arguably edgeless)
- Old school pop production value gives it a 90’s feel which makes it extra summer appropriate
- The songs are empowering especially as curated through the album track list
Add it to your summer playlist and give it a try! Let me know what you think!