My Everyday Face

I confess that I am a skincare fanatic, even though I realize that 90% of what your skin looks like probably comes down to genes, food, and hormones. This post is all about what I do for the other 10% .

 

Morning

In the morning, I don’t wash my face and just put on sunscreen. I have been using Elta MD sunscreen for about 3 years. In addition to protecting my face from sun damage, it also has niacinamide in it, which has really helped improve the texture of my skin!

If I’m feeling it, I’ll also throw on some blush from kjaer weis, a eco-friendly makeup company that I really like. Their metal compacts are amazing and refillable. I’ve only tried their cream blush (what I use now in the shade Blossoming), and I’ve ordered a refill already since I am almost out.

The other makeup product I’ll use is Boy Brow from Glossier, which is also amazing and the only product I’ve tried from Glossier. I’ve been using both of these for over a year now (basically since I started working). I don’t see myself changing things up anytime soon since these are working great for me!

 

Evening

At night, I’ll wash my face with water. If I’m in the shower, I’ll use a face cleanser (Derma E Hydrating Cleanser right now, but I don’t feel attached to it).

Once my face is clean, I apply a few drops of squalane from The Ordinary. I had never heard of squalane before, but it’s basically a plant-derived emollient that has no color, no odor, and is sustainable and non-greasy. I’ve only been using it for about a week, but I am liking it enough to want to stick with it for a while. It makes my face feel squishy (hehe).

Whenever I feel like it or remember, I will also do a clay mask (before the squalane). I’ve been using Evan Healy’s clay mask for about 1.5 years. I have the green tea and rose clay ones, and they have lasted me forever. These come in powder form, so you have to mix the mask yourself. I have a little glass bowl that I use and a paintbrush I bought to apply it. It’s relaxing, makes your skin nice, and you get to look like an alien for a few minutes (obviously the most important part).

 

There you have it, everything I put on my face! I’m thankful that my skin isn’t in a crazy stage right now, but I wanted to end with a shoutout to my BHA exfoliant which has gotten me through some pretty tough skin times. For everyone out there who is having a skin struggle: I SEE YOU, I HEAR YOU, YOU WILL BE OK.